Dates and information about the Scottish Bank Holidays 2012…
Although Scotland shares some bank holidays with the rest of the UK, it does have a few which are different. This is due to a long tradition of Scots taking advantage of localised holiday closures in their home areas.
Scottish Bank Holidays 2012
Scotland’s banks close on the same days as the English and Welsh banks, and aren’t required to close on Scottish only bank holidays. Like the rest of the UK, many retail and restaurant establishments stay open to take advantage of the increased trade on bank holidays.
Bank Holiday Dates 2012 | Scotland
- January 1st – Sunday – Happy New Year!!
- January 2nd – Monday – First Monday of 2012
- January 3rd – Tuesday – First Tuesday of 2012
- April 6th – Friday – Good Friday
- May 7th – Monday – Early May Bank Holiday
- June 4th – Monday – Spring Bank Holiday
- June 5th – Tuesday – Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
- August 6th – Monday – Summer Bank Holiday
- November 30th – Friday – St Andrew’s Day
- December 25th – Tuesday – Merry Christmas!!
- December 26th – Wednesday – Boxing Day
Click to see the English and Welsh Bank Holidays 2012